Where and What to Give for #SandyRelief
Immediate Help: Call 311 if you or someone you know is in immediate need of assistance.
On Monday, WABC will participate in a "Day of Giving" do stay tuned to Eyewitness News on how you can donate.
To Donate Now and Volunteer:
• Send Checks To:
Mayor's Fund To Advance New York City
253 Broadway, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10007
Community/Faith-Based Groups: Check with your local Congregations.
• Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation (Lower Manhattan): 1-212-965-1151
• The Church of the Covenant, 310 East 42nd Street between First and Second Avenues: Currently seeking canned food, bottled water, toilet tissue, feminine products, diapers, baby wipes, batteries, plates, forks. Baby food is especially needed. Will also take gently used coats and sweaters.
Red Hook Initiative (Red Hook): 1-718-858-6782, www.rhicenter.org.
Christ Tabernacle Church & Assemblyman Mike Miller's office (83-91 Woodhaven Blvd.): 1-718-496-2515.
Sikh Cultural Society (South Richmond Hill, Queens): 1-718-441-0513.
New York Archdiocese Collection: Cardinal Timothy Dolan has called for a special collection to be taken up this weekend at all parishes within the Archdiocese of New York.
NYPD Donation Drive: To help assist New Yorkers citywide in areas worst affected by the hurricane, the New York City Police Deaprtment will collect non-perishable food, clothing, and other donations in the parking lot of 110-00 Rockaway Blvd. in Jamaica, Queens, which can be accessed from 109th St. & Rockaway Blvd. near JFK airport. Uniformed Community Affairs officers will be accepting the donations daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and then delivering the items to locations citywide impacted by the storm. Anyone who wants to give is urged to donate canned goods, canned milk, bottled water and other non-perishables; paper products, personal and baby care products, trash bags, cleaning products, linens and towels, flash lights, batteries; clothing for colder weather. Money is not accepted.
For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/NYPD#!/NYPD/posts/379085022168286.
• Volunteer for NYC Parks:
- Bronx: Van Cortlandt Park, Orchard Beach (Click here to volunteer.)
- Brooklyn: Prospect Park, McCarren Park (Click here to volunteer.)
- Manhattan: Happy Warrior Playground, Annunciation Park, Carl Schurz Park, Anne Loftus Playground (at Fort Tryon Park), Randall’s Island (Saturday only) (Click here to volunteer.)
- Queens (Friday and Saturday only): Brookville Park, Baisley Pond Park (Click here to volunteer.)
• Follow #SandyVolunteer on Twitter for more ways to help
• iTunes/App Store: Hurricane Sandy Relief
Salvation Army - if you are an individual, donate locally as you normally would do anytime.
• For corporations, organizations, restaurants and others able to donate food, water or supplies, please send an email to logistics@GNYSalvationArmy.com.
• For financial donations:
o Online: Visit www.salvationarmyusa.org.
o By Phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769)
o Text-to-Give: Text the word STORM to 80888, and confirm the donation with the word “Yes”
o By Mail: Checks may be designated and made payable to The Salvation Army Disaster Services Center, PO Box 1959, Atlanta, GA, 30301
Lost Pets or Rescue Animals: